Justin is a Solicitor and mediator, trained by the Academy of Experts.
Justin is well known for his effective commercial style, people skills and sympathetic approach but at the same time has tenacity and a direct approach to resolving disputes.
His strengths are in workplace disputes where his particular background in employment law provides familiarity with the necessary issues faced by employment lawyers.
His special interests are discrimination, unfair dismissal, redundancy, "TUPE" and compromise agreements.
Justin founded Human Law Mediation in December 2002, which provides legal and mediation solutions to employee and workplace conflict and training in mediation skills for managers and lawyers.
He has written articles for the European Intellectual Property Review, The International Bar Association, The Times and Solicitors Journal on mediation related issues. He has written extensively on other legal topics for the Law Society Gazette and has been featured in the Institute of Directors Magazine and Personnel Today.
Justin trains both lawyers and HR professionals in mediation skills and practice.
- Employment Law and other legal related topics for MBL Seminars, in-house presentations.
- Law Society HR Forum, Unicom and Osney Media and Association of Career Management Professionals and Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
- Presented on Workplace Bullying to clients and to trade unions.
- Spoken on the impact of the Gibbons Review on Statutory Grievance Procedures.
- Design and delivery of Human Law Mediation training courses for solicitors and company personnel.
Respected mediation skills trainer with very strong negotiation skills.
Successfully resolved workplace dispute involving IT start up company amongst staff.
Successfully introduced internal governance constitution and working practice for a charity.
Acted for an injured solicitor in a road traffic accident and successfully obtained a 6 figure sum in settlement via mediation.
Successfully mediated internal dispute between Trustees of a non-profit organisation.
Mediated divorce terms between parties.
Acted for a charity facing employment legal action from an employee. Successfully mediated a solution between the parties