Justin is a Solicitor and mediator, trained by the Academy of Experts.
Justin is well known for his effective commercial style, people skills and sympathetic approach but at the same time has tenacity and a direct approach to resolving disputes.
A fully qualified solicitor since 1997 and a mediator trained by the Academy of Experts.
Justin is well known for his effective commercial style, people skills and pragmatic approach, but at the same time tenacity and direct approach to resolving disputes.
His strengths are in workplace and commercial disputes where his particular background in employment law and litigation provides familiarity with the necessary issues faced by commercial businesses and lawyers.
Justin founded Human Law in December 2002, which has provided employment law and probate advice and provides mediation solutions and training.
He has written articles for the European Intellectual Property Review, The International Bar Association, Employment Lawyers Association Magazine The Times and Solicitors Journal on legal and mediation related issues. He has written extensively on other legal topics for the Law Society Gazette and has been featured in the Institute of Directors Magazine and Personnel Today.
• Solicitor with over 10 years commercial and civil experience. Principal of own firm, Human Law firm which primarily serves employment and commercial clients.
• Represented clients in Employment Tribunal Hearings, County Court & High Court hearings including presenting trials and preliminary court hearings.
• Produced employment disciplinary procedures, employment contracts, advising on internal procedures including data protection and the impact of the Human Rights Act.
• Experienced with various commercial issues.
• Conducts wills and probate work. Have done this on own firm.
• Deals with Wills, Probate, Administration of Estates and Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, and specialise in contentious probate, where there are disputes over estates. Negotiates these areas.
• Mediation skills trainer with very strong negotiation skills
• Successfully resolved disputes involving Council employees, disputes involving law firms, Directors. Often instructed by solicitors.
• Successfully mediated commercial and divorce disputes varying from up to £1million to small claims level.
• Successfully mediated commercial disputes involving hotel and insurance company.
• Conducted Divorce and probate mediations to successful conclusion.
Training & Commercial background
• Legal and mediation related topics for MBL Seminars, Go-Compare, Lawnet and other in-house presentations.
• Law Society HR Forum, Unicom and Osney Media and Association of Career Management Professionals and Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
• Award winning blog and written white papers on mediation and negotiation.
• Co-written book on social media and technology issues which was published by Gower.
Subscribe to our E-Zine